March 12, 2014
We are excited to introduce a new, on-going fundraising program that will not cost you one penny.
The PEC and Events Planning Committee are trying to develop ways to reduce the number of fundraising hours required. This new fundraising program is a way to do that without costing you anything. For now, we are opening this fundraiser only to the Kindergarten class as a pilot to help work out the logistics and gather some feedback from the parents.
The school purchases plastic cards from large, well known retailers at a discount. The school resells the cards to you at face value and the school keeps the difference as a fundraiser. Some of the cards are reloadable which means you just reload those cards in-store or online and our school receives a cheque every three months based on all the reloading done by all our parents.
Some of the participating retailers are; Superstore, Loblaws, Sobeys, Safeway, MarketPlace IGA, Fairway Market, Stong’s, Killarney Market, The Bay, Zellers, Home Outfitters, Sears, London Drugs, Home Depot, Home Hardware, Rona, Esso, Chevron, Petro-Canada, Shell, Canadian Tire, Chapters, Future Shop, Best Buy, Shoppers Drug Mart, Starbucks, Staples, La Senza, iTunes, The Gap, Old Navy, Winners, Marks WW, Toys ‘R’ Us, Cineplex Odeon, M&M Meat Shops, Domino’s, Earls, White Spot, Milestone’s, Swiss Chalet, The Keg, Cactus Club, Moxies, Red Robin, Subway, The Boathouse, The Old Spaghetti Factory, Burger King and many more.
How the Program Works:
- Order forms will be available for download on EzEgenda. Paper forms will also be available from the school office.
- Determine which cards you would like to purchase in what denominations.
- Place the completed order form and cash payment in a sealed envelope in the drop box at the office.
- Please do not give your order to your child to give to the teacher.
- Note the school cannot provide change, so ensure the correct amount of cash is in the envelope. (We will not be accepting cheques.)
- Orders will be picked up once a month.
- We will notify you when your orders are ready to be picked up.
The average family spends $6,000 - $7,000 on groceries each year. If 100 families can purchase $100 per week on all household purchases from participating retailers, the school can earn $20,000 this school year.
(i.e.) $ 4,000 per family for one school year
x 100 families
5% average return per merchant
$ 20,000 Profit for the School
Let’s all participate by just pre-planning your regular weekly household purchases at retailers offering to support our school.